A unique & active environment for families to GROW together!
The needs of families today are changing in a fast-paced world. Families struggle to spend quality time together that includes opportunities for physical activity and health enrichment. Parents and children are vulnerable to technology, time constraints, job stress, school stress and most importantly, obesity and disconnect as a result of sedentary lifestyles. As much as our community’s families try, it is difficult to carve out quality time together and often, they are faced with few options for having healthy fun together.
This is where Chase’s Place comes in to provide families with a safe, creative and fun environment to do something magical together…play!
The vision for Chase’s Place is built around the mission of the Chase Michael Anthony Kowalski Foundation and aims to inspire community healing through family and children-focused initiatives and programs. Chase’s Place proposes the possibility of a warm, recreational family space that includes the following:
- Spirit/mind/body programs that are cross-generational such as Yoga and Tai-Chi
- Interactive exercise equipment appropriate for adults and children ages 6-12 including tread/rock climbing walls, treadmills, interactive bikes, and body-weight strength equipment
- Strength and cardio programs for families
- Nutritional lectures, classes and guidance
- Interactive gaming and dance equipment for all ages
- Quiet space with access to books, arts and crafts and board games
- Warm and inviting seating areas to encourage reading, talking and playing together
- Air hockey, Foosball and pool tables
- Guest lectures and workshops
- Family movie nights & matinees
- Multi- purpose space for a myriad of instructional programming such as tumbling, floor activities and stretching
In addition to improving the overall physical health of families by providing them with a fun outlet in which to do so, Chase’s Place will benefit the mental health of families through services and programs that will connect families to resources and encourages them to approach family wellness more comprehensively.
The Centers for Disease control states that the percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2010. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.
Our communities need Chase’s Place more than ever before. A Chase’s Place in your community will be a valuable resource that gives access to family strengthening activities. Together, your community and Chase’s Place can build healthier, happier and more connected families!
Location and Timing
CMAK through its partnership with Greater Waterbury YMCA is committed to establishing a Chase’s Place at the new YMCA facility proposed in the Pomperaug region. The facility is expected to be in operation within three to four years. If Chase’s Place and its programs prove to be successful, CMAK will seek to establish other Chase’s Place locations in communities that support its establishment.
Bring a Chase’s Place to your community! Click here to inquire about sponsorship of a local Chase’s Place.